Pyro Live CD: Getting Started
This is a set of instructions for running Pyro off of the Live CD.
- Place the CD-ROM disk in your Intel-compatible PC and make sure that you can boot from the CD-ROM drive. You might have to press F12 on bootup to select your CD-ROM drive, or change a setting in your BIOS. This Live CD should work on most modern laptops and desktop PCs.
- The disk will not not touch your hard drive, so you need not worry about it altering your computer or programs.
- Reboot your computer. You will see an initial startup screen. Press ENTER.
- After booting, click on the picture of the monitor on the panel at the bottom of the screen. This will start the program "konsole" which is a terminal, or console.
- In the terminal window, type pyrobot and press ENTER. The main Pyro window should appear on the screen.
- To try Pyro out once it is running:
- click on the "Server:" button
- select "StageSimulator", and press "Ok"
- click on the "Robot:" button
- select "Player6665.py", and press "Ok"
- from the Robot menu in the Pyro window, select "Joystick..."
- you can now drive around the robot
- click on the "Brain:" button
- select "Avoid.py", and press "Ok"
- click on the "Run" button and watch the robot run autonomously
For more information please see PyroRobotics.org